For anyone wanting to try pottery! Usually the course will last 3 hours. These courses are usually but not necessarily for beginner’s and you will have made a ceramic object, a vase or a fruit bowl for example, within the 3 hours.
- The courses are tailored to your group’s requirements – you can make whatever you wish.
- A group of 6 or 8 people is ideal.
- Can be planned for days/evenings or weekends.
- A birthday present or team building opportunity.
- Tea and coffee included.
- Birthday parties or leaving parties are popular.
- The pottery is ready for collection in around 2 weeks time.
HALF DAY COURSE : for example a Saturday, 10.30am – 1.30pm or an evening slot 6.30pm- 9.30pm.
Bookings can also be taken for smaller numbers e.g. 2 – 4 people.
FULL DAY COURSE : A group of adults and/or children on a FULL DAY course will be for 5 hours.
Time: for example a Saturday, 10am – 4pm, with about 1 hour for lunch.
- What can you create in a half day course? This is up to you, previously groups have made terracotta ‘window box’ pots for the garden, clay sculpture, jugs, teapots, planters etc.
- Children have created sculptures, teapots etc. Anything goes! See the images of what has been created so far…
- What can you create in a full day course? A full day gives you more time to create, have a go throwing on the pottery wheel, making a few small pots or taking time to design, create and decorate a vase, jug, sculpture etc.
- Children’s parties – you are welcome to bring party food (there will be a separate space for this).
- All artwork made on the day will be fired and glaze fired ready to be collected at a later date, 2-3 weeks is usual (or posted).
- Ample coach/car parking.
Call Susan to discuss what could be appropriate for you and your group.
028 2766 7616 and mobile 0775 1175096.