I am a designer/maker working on the North Coast of Northern Ireland. This web site provides details of my artwork and information on ceramic/art courses.
My work varies in scale from small interior work to public art:
- Interior work: Ceramic, fused glass dishes and wall pieces are sold through a few outlets in Ireland as well as directly to the public from my studio.
- Public Art: I use a range of materials such as bronze, stainless steel, concrete, glass and mosaic in public buildings i.e. hospitals, school buildings, housing developments and gardens.
I provide ceramic/pottery courses at the studio, there are usually around 8-10 people in a class. Please telephone for details of current courses.
Most of the courses are suitable for beginner’s, with ample studio space, kilns and a throwing wheel.
I have diverse teaching experience, for example:
- Teaching and co-ordinating community art projects in Glasgow for local councils, arts organisations (1990-96)
- Co-ordinating adult courses and teaching pottery at Flowerfield Arts Centre, Portstewart (1997-2002)
- Co-ordinating craft courses and teaching pottery for a North Antrim Arts charity (2003-07)
- Teaching in schools, with youth groups, community groups, hospitals and housing associations.
- Facilitating corporate groups.
See the COURSES page for more detailed information on bespoke courses and events.
- Fused Glass: Small 3D works, dishes, platters, wall pieces (up to 1m in length).
- Ceramic: platters, wall pieces, tile panels, framed work.
- Bronze: cast bronze for floors/mosaic work.
- Mosaic: for gardens, seating, floor or wall pieces.
- Stainless Steel: Sculpture, seating.