I am a designer/maker working on the North Coast of Northern Ireland. This web site provides details of the artwork I produce and details of my art courses.
My work varies in scale from small interior work and wall pieces to public art:
- Interior work: Ceramic and glass dishes, platters and wall pieces are sold through outlets in Ireland and abroad as well as directly to the public from my studio.
- Public Art: I use a range of materials such as bronze, stainless steel, concrete, glass and mosaic in public and private buildings i.e. hospitals, school buildings, housing developments and gardens.
I provide a range of ceramic and pottery courses at the studio, there are usually around 8-10 people in a class.
Most of the courses are suitable for beginner’s, there are ceramic kilns, a throwing wheel and plenty of space.
I have diverse teaching experience, for example:
- Teaching and co-ordinating community art projects in Glasgow for local councils, arts organisations etc. (1990-96)
- Working full time and teaching pottery in Flowerfield Arts Centre, Portstewart (1997-2002)
- Co-ordinating craft courses and teaching pottery for a North Antrim Arts charity (2003-07)
- Teaching in schools, with youth groups, community groups and housing associations.
- Facilitating corporate groups.
- Running team building workshops.
See the COURSES page for more detailed information on bespoke courses and events.
My work is in a variety of media:
- Glass: Small 3D works, dishes, platters, wall pieces (up to 1m in length)
- Ceramic: platters, wall pieces, framed work
- Bronze: cast bronze for floors/mosaic work.
- Mosaic: one-off designs for gardens, seating, floor or wall pieces.
- Stainless Steel: Sculpture, seating.